As a wee un, I remember watching the clock in study class, waiting and waiting to for those minutes to tick by so that we could move on to the next big event (usually breakfast, lunch or dinner for us half starved boarders, and on occasion play time too). Now, I turn to the clock and more often than not, wonder where the day went. Between chasing three boys, working full time and trying to maintain some semblence of order in the house, there isnt a moment to spare.
|Home Sweet Home!|
Still, when another year rolls around its time to pause, take stock and give thanks for all that we have. This was a big year for us, summed up below:
1. Our new home was completed. Two years of plans, paperwork and frustration came to fruition, and it is all we dreamed of and more.
2. Our home is still standing. Dented and bruised where the little one has taken it on (and won). Its full of noise and laughter and is not always the tidiest but hey I'd rather a house that is full of life and messy, than one that is spick and span and isnt.
3. This was the last year of kinder for my older boy, he starts school and the younger one starts kinder next year. They are so ready, I am so not.
4. We changed jobs, moved around, bit the bullet and started our own business. It has just been launched and there's heaps to do, promises to keep and miles to go before we sleep.
5. The seeds I planted grew. Yes they did! Normally they ignore all my coaxing, but these were kind enough to sprout. So now I have sunflowers that are taller than I am. The kids named the first sunflower Daniel, the second Butch. No idea why.
It looks like 2012 is shaping up to be a big year as well. More milestones, more noise, more time for family, friends and fun. I read somewhere that an optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in, a pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. We'll be staying up, to see the New Year full of hope and promise in. Health, wealth, sunflowers, sunshine and happiness to you and your families, and may 2012 be your year of dreams realised too.