Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We have a date!

Day 180. Monday 14 February 2011. We have a date! Not the kind of one you would expect on Valentine’s Day. Seeing as I have one of the busiest months ahead at work the organised part of me wanted to find out when we’d get our house. And we have a date! Our good SS was a bit hesitant and finally came out with it. 4 March 2011. Woo hoo!!

Above counter basins with mixers in the ensuite

Above counter basin with mixer in the powder room


I’m feeling a bit like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. You know that part where he goes “I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!” There’s so much to do, I’m starting to sprout even more greys. Pack the toys, pack the clothes, pack pack pack. Get this house ready and organise stuff for the next one.

Double kitchen sink with pull out veggie sprayer. Love this one!

The sprayer from another angle, the spout pulls out like a hose to wash dishes and icky little fingers
 - can you tell how much I love it???


We couldn’t resist dropping by today and were well rewarded. So much has happened – its incredible! Bath tub in, door handles in, rain showers in, front temp fence gone (a sure sign that construction is almost done), toilets in, grout complete, down pipes in, above counter sinks with taps in….amazing! All looks fantastic except for those Manor Red downpipes. I wanted them in Paperbark (a light cream colour) but the developers wanted them in red. One battle I gave in. And I don’t like them one bit. Anyhow, I guess I’ll ignore them for a while and maybe get used to their colour in time.

Bath 2 now has a rainshower - tapware also in!




Bath 3 with rainshower

We also met our building manager, who came across as really nice. The kind of hands on person you’d want to watch over your build. Speaking of nice people, our SS has been terrific too. Easy access to the site, approachable and always returns calls. Excellent customer skills and good at his job too. Not that I've been the easiest of customers, but you kinda want what you paid for, especially when its such a big financial and emotional investment. The building manager confirmed what our SS told us, 4 March 2011 is our date and he looked me in the eye when he said. Means business he does – and I like that.

Didnt get much else for heart's day from DH, he reckons our two little roses were enough. That they went to sleep early for a change, was an added bonus. After a dozen odd years of wedded bliss (!) all this progress and the tangible excitement is enough for me.

At the rate things are moving, we just *might*make the deadline. That would be super-cali-fragilistic-expi-ali-docious to borrow a phrase. Hope your Valentine's day was as special as mine.